Browser Extension not Filling Fields [Resolved, must disable 1Password 4's Helper]

JeremyNorman
JeremyNorman
Community Member

I just got the new version 6 beta with version 4 still installed on my computer. The Chrome Extension is only working with the version 4 dropbox vault. I have version 4 closed and version 6 open and hit the Browse button on a login and it opens the page but does not fill in the fields. The extension only has logins from version 4 on it but still work to fill in fields if I use the version 4 logins. I want to migrate completely to version 6 but if the browser extension wont auto fill it is useless to me.

I have tried restarting my computer without logging into version 4 and it still doesn't work. The Chrome extension only has the version 4 vaults available to log in to. In the options menu in version 6 the "Install 1password browser extension" button is still there even though it it already installed.

I simply want to use version 6 and be able to auto log in to my websites. I am hesitant to uninstall version 4 in case I lose auto fill functionality.

1Password Version: 6.0.239
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: 1password.com and Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2016

Hi @JeremyNorman,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum since you're using 1Password 6 Beta at the moment.

1Password 6 Beta uses the same browser extensions as 1Password 4, it should be performing the same way when it comes to filling Logins.

Can you try this diagnostics instruction for me and let me know what happens:

1. Close 1Password 4 if it is running and then right-click on the task bar to select Task Manager
    2. Search for the 1Password (32-bit) process with the white icon to right-click on it to select End Task. This is the 1Password 4's Helper that should not be running at the same time with 1Password 6 or it'll interfere with the filling.
    3. Open the main 1Password 6 app and unlock, keep it open for now.
    4. Restart your browser and manually go to the site's login page that you want to use
    5. Click on the 1Password icon, the new 1Password 6 mini should appear, do you see the item for you to click on? If yes, click on it and let me know if it fills.
  • JeremyNorman
    JeremyNorman
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT, that worked thanks, I had ended the version 4 process but not the one with the white icon. Is there a timeline for when the Credit Card and Identity autofills will be implemented?

Thanks again.

• Hi @JeremyNorman,

That's great to hear. You should go to the Startup tab in Task Manager to disable 1Password, so it doesn't auto-start its helper every time you reboot. You can manually start it again when you open the 1Password 4 program and going to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper.

Now, try opening the site from the main 1Password 6 program as you usually do but make sure the browser is running first. The reason I've mentioned the browser is that sometime if the browser is terminated, Windows opens the browser and the site for us but the 1Password extension in that browser doesn't get loaded fast enough to hear the call from the 1Password program to fill the data in. We're adjusting to improve this as much as we can, so the extension gets the call when ready.

As for the credit card/Identity filling, no ETA yet but it is near the top of our list for 1Password mini. Next to this is adding the password generator to 1Password mini and better domain matching algorithms.

• JeremyNorman
    JeremyNorman
    Community Member

OK, that worked as well thank you! Glad to hear the other features are top priority.

• You're welcome!

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.