App closes suddenly after opening

Options
LesleyA
LesleyA
Community Member

I have been happily using 1password for several months but recently it started behaving poorly. 1) when I open the app the keyboard pops up and obscures the field one writes in, 2) when I open it with the password it opens for several seconds then closes suddenly and without my input.

It worked on an iPhone 5, and has worked for several weeks on my new iPhone 6s Plus. It is on the latter that it crashes. It continues to work seamlessly on my iPad.

I have deleted the app a couple of times and downloaded it again but to no avail.

Comments

• Hi @LesleyA, I'm so sorry you are having a problem with the 1Password app on your iPhone. When you have reinstalled it are you doing this through iTunes or through the App Store on the phone? I'm wondering if you have installed the latest version. To reinstall through App Store -

Tap and hold the 1Password icon. The icons will start jiggling and then you can tap on the 'x' that appears on the 1Password icon.
    Press Home Button.
    Now re-download through the App Store.

Please let us know if this helps.

• LesleyA
    LesleyA
    Community Member
    Options

I have only reinstalled through the App Store. By deleting first. I will try your recommendation however.

• LesleyA
    LesleyA
    Community Member
    Options

Nvm. Your Rec is exactly what I have done. At least 3 times. Still behaves the same way.

• Hi @LesleyA, I'm so sorry that didn't help. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your iOS devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• LesleyA
    LesleyA
    Community Member
    Options

Sent description from my working iPad [#QMQ-72547-136].
    Was able to send diagnostics from iPhone by creating diagnostic report in increments between shut downs (7). [#NAR-94787-756].

• Thanks @LesleyA. I've just sent a follow up to your reports via email. We'll continue the conversation there.

Ben

ref: QMQ-72547-136

This discussion has been closed.