I generated the password but cannot locate the "Fill" button to populate the field, where is it?

Hello, I cannot locate the "Fill" button to populate the field with the generated password. Also, when I copy and paste the generated password into the field it is does not save in my 1.password program; what am I doing wrong? Regards.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Where is the "Fill" button to populate the field with the generated password?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @mpoconnor,

Thank you for taking time and reaching out!

Pleas share what version of 1Password you are using. Do you have 1Password browser extension installed? This info will be really helpful. :)

I am sure together we will get to the bottom of this. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• mpoconnor
    mpoconnor
    Community Member

Hello, yes I have the browser extension for Chrome but I do not know the version number and I do not know how to obtain that information. I have a 1Password icon on my desktop and the version of that application is Version 4.6.0.604.

• Hi @mpoconnor,

Open Chrome, click on the 1Password icon and then go to Settings > About 1Password to get the versions, let us know what it said.

When you click on the OK button for the 1Password's Password Generator, it is supposed to fill the password fields automatically for you if you're on the web page with the password field. If not, you can also paste it in with Control + V shortcut or right-click in the password field to paste it. In addition, you can also click on the 1Password icon to select Last Generated Password to copy the recently generated password.

• mpoconnor
    mpoconnor
    Community Member

When I open Chrome and click on 1Password nothing happens so I do not have the option to go into 1Password's Settings from the Chrome browser. However, I can right click on the 1Password icon in my Chrome browser and it gives me the options to Remove, Hide, and Manage Extensions. So, how do I get to 1Password's Settings option in Chrome?

Thanks for telling me how to copy and paste but in my original post I state that "when" I copy and paste the generated password into the field it does not save the password. So, my other problem is with "saving" the password.

• Hi @mpoconnor,

Right-clicking on any extension icon is a default Chrome behavior that will have the same menu, so this isn't from 1Password.

The fact that 1Password Helper didn't come up when you click on the extension icon means there's something wrong with the configuration and why there's no saving or filling working right now.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can figure this out. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mpoconnor
    mpoconnor
    Community Member

Hello MikeT, per your request I submitted the report. Regards.

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

Hi @mpoconnor,

We got the email and will reply soon. At first quick glance, something is blocking 1Password Helper for sure.

ref: JKC-73329-211

• mpoconnor
    mpoconnor
    Community Member

I use a program called Adblocker but I disabled that program and still cannot click on the 1Password icon in Chrome to open up.

• Hi @mpoconner,

That wouldn't block the separate 1Password Helper from showing up, it's mostly anti-malware or security program. I've replied to your email about your security programs, did you see it?

• mpoconnor
    mpoconnor
    Community Member

As for your instructions, I made your recommended change to ESET. I do not have AVG anti-virus but I do have AVG PC Tuneup which does not appear to have the Link Scanner feature. So, I could not do anything with regard to the AVG change you recommended. After making the ESET change I opened a new Chrome browser window and clicked on the 1Password icon and again it did nothing. I also disabled my ESET software and did the same test with again no results. I do not know how to disable my network. Thanks for your help but this entire process is very slow and overwhelming. Do you have a tech support phone number or a service where someone can remote into my computer and set this up? I'm willing to pay for someone to set this up on my laptop.

• Hey @mpoconnor,

Have you followed the instructions for configuring ESET that Mike sent along in the email?

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.