Several Problems

Howdy,
I'm having several problems with 1Password (which I otherwise love.)
1. Password randomly crashes. This only happens either upon starting the program or clicking to go to another log-in, wallet page, or any other destination.
2. None of the textboxes are visible when I am creating a new entry. They are oddly greyed out. Not the letters; the whole text box.
3. I'm having trouble syncing with DropBox.
4. I wonder if I am running the latest version of 1Password. The program tells me that it is up to date, but it also tells me I am running 3.8.**.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Andy

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Dunno
OS Version: OSX 10.11 El Capitan
Sync Type: DropBox but busted?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@AndyParker most, if not all, of the problems arise because you are using an old 1P version on El Capitan.

The best place to start is by reading this sticky at the top of the 1P3 legacy forum.

The latest version of 1Password is in fact 1Password 6—which is, I'm afraid, a paid upgrade from 1Password 3. You can see more details on this AgileBits' page. Note that, in spite of the prominence given to the subscription versions, you can still buy a standalone version. There's a a rather discreet little link towards the bottom of that page, which takes you to this AgileBits' page (which features the standalone version).

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndyParker

I'm afraid that Stephen_C's answer is correct. I'm going to move your post to our Legacy category so the right eyes will get to it. However, as time goes by and OS get updated it becomes harder to keep on using older software. The link to the sticky will probably help you get started with this.

If you want to upgrade to 1Password 6 you can either get an upgrade to your current license, for which you get a nice discount, or try our new subscription Accounts if you don't want to have to worry again about running old software, plus many other perks! If you want to learn more about either of these options please let us know and we'll be glad to get into some details :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.