Browser extensions not working correctly since latest 1Password update

Options
desertman
desertman
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Since the latest update to v6.3.3 I need after each computer restart to start the 1Password to make the browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari work. Without starting 1Password itself first the browser extensions simply don't work. Re-installing the browser extensions in the browsers did not help.

It is, of course, not Agilebit's fault because it is never Agilebit's fault if something does not work with their applications. However, it still sucks.

For quite some time 1Password was without real competition and beat everything else in every review. It is good that this is changing now. I am - after using 1Password since many years - now looking for an alternative. Dashlane seems to be very interesting, RoboForm might become very interesting. The main reason to move away from 1Password is not so much that it has glitches; it is more the way in which Agilbits always "explains" these glitches away in lengthy replies instead of fixing them.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• hydroplane
    hydroplane
    Community Member
    Options

Experiencing the same issue since an auto update yesterday, Sep 29, 2016.

Been experiencing this issue on a home computer for months now (many updates ago). Never knew the workaround until just now.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @desertman

I'm very sorry that you feel like we don't do enough to fix the issues on our side. We always do our best to solve any issues reported to us, I'm sorry for the miscommunication. Could you please go to Preferences in 1Password, then to General and check that "Always keep 1Password mini running" is enabled? If it is enabled and you're still having some trouble please let us know so we can keep on digging so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

Hi @hydroplane

Could you also check on Preferences if "Always keep 1Password mini running" is enabled? Please let us know what you find out :chuffed:

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    Options

"Always keep 1Password mini running" is (and was always) checked.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @desertman

The diagnostics report you've sent us will help us for this problem too. We'll continue the conversation over email, someone will be in touch with you soon :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.