1Password extension no longer available in Firefox after updating extension to version 4.6.1

I'm using the latest version of Firefox, 49.0.1. Today I updated the 1Password extension to version 4.6.1, and after restarting Firefox, the extension is no longer available, despite being listed as installed (and not disabled) in Tools -> Add-ons.

By "no longer available", I mean that:
1. The 1Password icon has disappeared from the toolbar (and the icon is also not present in "toolbar customize")
2. The Firefox "Tools" menu does not contain a "1Password" option
3. On any login page (e.g. https://github.com/login), the right-click context menu does not contain a "1Password" option

I have reinstalled the Firefox extension via the "Install" link at https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions, and again, Tools -> Add-ons shows it as being installed, but the issue persists.

I can still login manually in Firefox via copy/paste of login info from the Windows app, or by using the 1Password extension in another browser (e.g. Chrome), but I would prefer to use the extension in Firefox. Can this issue be fixed?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mjh18: That's really odd. I'm glad to hear it's working in Chrome, and that sounds like it's something specific to Firefox. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here with Firefox and 1Password 4 on Windows 7, so there must be some other difference. First, restart Windows. If you're still having trouble, I wonder if your Firefox profile is simply damaged. Try creating a new one to see if you're able to use the extension normally there. Let me know what you find!

• mjh18
    mjh18
    Community Member

I had tried restarting Firefox, but it hadn't occurred to me that a restart of Windows would be helpful in this case. However, after doing so, the issue seems to have been resolved, as both the toolbar icon and the context menu option have returned (and I guess there never was a "Tools" menu option in Firefox; I was probably confusing it with IE11 there).

Thanks very much for your help, @brenty, and for your quick response as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! I guess the "Tools" reference didn't even phase me since I'm used to seeing that in the context of browsers. I just thought "toolbar". Glad the reboot helped. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.