ios 10 and windows 1password not syncing over wlan

Options
mshutan
mshutan
Community Member

just tried syncing my iphone 5s using ios 10 and wlan as I have done before with no probem but all it says now is "operation timed out"?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 10
Sync Type: wlan
Referrer: forum-search:ios 10 and windows 1password not syncing over wlan

Comments

• Hi @mshutan,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the WLAN server. Could you please try running through our troubleshooting guide?

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• mshutan
    mshutan
    Community Member
    Options

I tried syncing using iCloud since I realized that my desktop PC is only connected to the internet via LAN not WLAN and it shows that it synced but it is not picking up the correct number of Logins? I am only using my PC and iPhone 5s and the Primary Vault. The settings on the 5s are all showing correct per your troubleshooter?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mshutan: Both devices being on the same network is what matters, not whether it's wired or wireless. However, the iPhone will, of course, be connected wirelessly, so it will always be syncing via WLAN in that sense.

I'm a little bit confused by some of your comments though. iCloud sync will not work on Windows since Apple hasn't brought CloudKit there (yet?) However, Dropbox sync can be used between all platforms, so you may want to consider that if you'd prefer a simpler setup.

But moving past that, the biggest challenge with WLAN Server is that it depends heavily on your network configuration, not just 1Password on each device. If anything is preventing your devices from "seeing" each other or communicating, it will not be able to sync your data. Can you tell me where you're running into trouble exactly? Did the sync complete, or did you receive an error? The more information you can give, the better. For instance, you mentioned number of logins, but are there any actually missing, or are you simply looking at the category (which will be different depending on which version you're using)? Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.