I cannot add another device as a Team member? Following instructions but not working

Options
JJShaw
JJShaw
Community Member

I think the problem is I have one password for my Master account and a different password for my three devices: iPhone, iPad, IMac. But when I migrated data from old account, I kept previous passwords. Is this the problem? So confused and do not know how to fix. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot add another device as a Team member? Following instructions but not working

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @JJShaw,

You did the right thing by contacting us!

It seems that on your devices (iPhone, iPad, iMac) you have both local vault (Primary) and 1Password Teams Account. Since you created a different Master Password for your 1Password Account and added it to 1Password on your devices after Primary vault, you still unlock 1Password with a Master Password from your local (Primary) vault. Am I correct here?

Before we proceed with the issue in the subject of this thread, I want to help you combine your vaults and use one Master Password for everything. I thinks that's okay with you. :)

First of all, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iMac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much in advance!

++
    Greg

• JJShaw
    JJShaw
    Community Member
    Options

Greg -- Thanks for your quick response. Just sent diagnostics report with information you requisitions above. I believe your assessment is right. I have one password for my Master Password and then a second password for my local (Primary) vault. Combining everything into one vault and using one Master Password is OK with me.
    Look forward to resolving this and giving my husband access.
    Jeanie

• JJShaw
    JJShaw
    Community Member
    Options

Just received my Support ID number: [#GLC-81355-364].
    Thank you,
    Jeanie

• @JJShaw Thanks for sending that over! We'll get back to you shortly and keep the conversation going via email for now. :)

ref: #GLC-81355-364

This discussion has been closed.