How to change an item category (say "secure note") to another category (say, "software license")

Options
BillCasey
BillCasey
Community Member

I've miscategorized some things. Being a little OCD, I'd like to classify categories correctly. So (as the title implies), how can I change an item category (say "secure note") to another category (say, "software license")

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Change an item category (say "secure note") to another category (say, "software license")

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BillCasey,

Thanks for writing in with your question!

It's not currently possible to move/change an item from one category to another because the fields are different in each category (they each have their own unique sets of default fields). Hopefully we can make this easier someday. For now, you would need to copy and paste the data into a new item in the new category. But we have some tips for how to make that process easier: Quick Tip: Migrate your details between 1Password items

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that! But hopefully this helps. If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• BillCasey
    BillCasey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Drew! The limitation makes sense, now that you say it. Will proceed as per the "quick tip."
    Bill

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BillCasey

On behalf of Drew you're very welcome! I hope that everything goes well with his suggestions, but if you have any other questions or any trouble please let us know and we'll be glad to help you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.