Are there plans to all sorting by favorite order on iOS?

Aaron Gibralter
Aaron Gibralter
Community Member

I can't seem to get the items to show in the same order on my iOS device as on my Mac.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Aaron Gibralter,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with this! I'm sorry your items don't seem to be in the same order on iOS as on your Mac.

Are you asking specifically about items marked as Favorites? If you've marked some items as Favorites and select the Favorites section in the left sidebar of the 1Password for Mac app, you can rearrange them manually by dragging them up or down. The same order you put them in on your Mac should be reflected in the Favorites section of the iOS app after it syncs. Is that not working for you?

Or are you asking about manually sorting items in the other item categories? Although you can't sort them manually, the item lists in 1Password for Mac can be sorted in many different ways (just click the sorting option right below the 'Search' field in the main 1Password app). Those sorting options aren't available in the iOS version, though.

If you can elaborate on what you're trying to do or what you'd like to be able to do as far as sorting items in 1Password, we should be able to give more specific answers. Thanks! :)

• Aaron Gibralter
    Aaron Gibralter
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

Thank you for responding! Yes, I'm speaking about items marked as "Favorite." I'm using 1Password for Families. The manual order ("sorted by Favorite") I have them in on my Mac is not reflected in the iOS app—that's the issue I'm having.

Thanks again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Aaron Gibralter: Like 1Password for Mac, you can set the order of your Favorites in 1Password for iOS on a per-vault basis. This won't be shown in All Vaults though, because there's no way to reconcile the order between all of them. But if you switch to an individual vault, they will be in the order you choose when you Edit the list. I hope this helps! :)

• Aaron Gibralter
    Aaron Gibralter
    Community Member

@brenty Ahh makes sense. I do find it a bit strange that 1PW for macOS is able to propagate the order of favorites in the All Vaults view computer-to-computer (my work and personal computer show the favorites in the same manual order in All Vaults view), but 1PW for iOS doesn't work... :frown:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Aaron Gibralter: Weirdly, it shouldn't be (and as far as I can tell, isn't) possible to reorder Favorites in 1Password for Mac when All Vaults is selected. Are you seeing something different? There are definitely some odd edge cases that have popped up since 1Password was originally designed to view a single vault at a time. The All Vaults feature is really cool, but it's still very young and we're exploring ways to make it more intuitive. We definitely appreciate your feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.