Primary Vault vs. Personal vs. Shared

Options
spatil
spatil
Community Member

Hi All:

I'm having a conundrum that I hope to get help with. I moved from a personal account to the Families account and I am the administrator. Currently it is only myself and my wife on the account. Down the road I want to be able to add my older son, my mother, and mother-in-law.

I'd like for my wife and I to have access to all of the information in the Primary vault, but I don' want to share that with the other individuals. How would I go about this? I had imported everything in my Primary vault to the Shared vault. I'm worries that once I invite others, they will have access to what is in shared. Do I just need to create a separate vault for the 2 of us? Is it safe and/or a good idea to delete the Primary vault?

Appreciate the help.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spatil

It's great to hear that you're using 1Password Families now! The data that you've stored in your Shared vault will be accessible to everyone in your family, including your son, mother and mother in law when you invite them. You can create a vault that is only visible for you two
    from the admin console in your 1Password account and then move all the data there. To move it you need to follow the same steps you took to originally move it from Personal to Shared. You can create as many vaults as you need with as many combinations of people having access to them as you want :chuffed:

Is it safe and/or a good idea to delete the Primary vault?

If you have moved all your data into your account it's safe and actually recommended to delete your Primary Vault and use only vaults that are part of your account.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

• spatil
    spatil
    Community Member
    Options

Pilar - thanks for the clarification!

• On behalf of Pilar, you're welcome. :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.