Moving logins with attachment

Options
gorohovsky
gorohovsky
Community Member

Ok, I have few records with my Passports, Credit cards etc, that includes scans of some pages. I want to make thi records public for some of my family members. But when I copy this records to shared Vault all attachments are lost. What's the point of 1Password Family, if I cant share records with attachments?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gorohovsky! Sorry for the trouble with your attachments. With 1Password Families, attachments are converted to Documents, then those are linked to items and they behave like attachments used to. Are you copying the items with attachments/Documents on them from another vault in your account or from outside the account?

• gorohovsky
    gorohovsky
    Community Member
    Options

I'm copying items from my main vault in my account to shared vault.

• @gorohovsky Ah okay. The one limitation of copying/moving linked items right now is that the link breaks when going to another vault. The team is aware of this and they're working on a fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let them know you asked about it. In the meantime, the workaround is to link the items with each other in the new vault by editing the main item and clicking Link Existing, then entering the Document's title. Hope that helps!

ref: OPM-4327

• gorohovsky
    gorohovsky
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thank you. Hope you will fix it soon.

• I hope so too. Thanks again for bringing it up. :)

This discussion has been closed.