1password failed to fetch some record zones

Options
rhuobhe
rhuobhe
Community Member

Hi I just recently updated to ios 10.0.2 and it caused a bunch of issues on my ios settings and apps where I had to reset the phone and restore from an icloud backup. After the restore I am unable to sync 1password with icloud and no longer have any access to my important records. I validated the icloud sync was working just prior to the ios update. I did a search on these forums and found a similar problem event that happened on Aug 2015 that was resolved but I think this is a new incident. Please help it is really important that i get those passwords back I've been using 1Password several years. Thank you

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rhuobhe

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. Were you able to create a vault so that you can login to 1Password? If so please try setting up the iCloud sync again and then I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• rhuobhe
    rhuobhe
    Community Member
    Options

Ben thanks for your response I did not attempt to create a new vault and sync to icloud I was afraid that it may sync a new empty vault and override my previous icloud "sync" backup.

So since my post I had tried to reset the phone to factory settings as a new phone and I got the same issue and then I tried again to restore from icloud and re-sync to icloud again unsuccessfully. Luckily I remember that I had a recent ITUNES backup on my workstation that I was able to restore the phone including 1Password and its database. Everything is ok now but I am disappointed that the 1Password sync to iCloud is not a solid solution. I will be more careful next time.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @rhuobhe. I'm glad to hear you were able to get everything working again, but am equally disappointed to hear iCloud sync failed you. For the future you may want to consider a different sync option:

Sync your 1Password data

It also wouldn't hurt to make an occasional 1Password backup (assuming you don't opt for a 1Password.com account):

1Password backups

With a 1Password.com account this happens automagically and on our servers, but when using the standalone product backups are a manual operation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.