Forum post threshold is too short

michael_p
michael_p
Community Member

I came here with two tickets in mind. They are unrelated issues, so submitted separately. But on the second ticket I got a warning when I posted it, that I had posted twice within 120 seconds (2 minutes) — I think — and now I would be blocked for 300 seconds (5 minutes).

It seems the spam detection filter is over sensitive, since there is no way a message like this should take 2 minutes to type, and penalizing users to wait another 5 minutes before they can submit it seems unnecessarily rigid. (I do understand the point, but it should be possible to tweak the threshold settings without being flooded with spam, especially in conjunction with other spam control methods.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@michael_p: Indeed. I wish it weren't so. Unfortunately spam has become a much bigger problem recently, so relaxing the rules isn't something we can get away with currently. However, we're working with the vendor to improve spam detection, so perhaps in the future we can make it more lenient. It's not a great experience to have to wait a long 5 minutes between posts, but as you post more regularly the system should see that you're being a good community member (or, at the very least, not being a robot) and relax things a bit for you. That these measures are necessary is definitely not something we're happy about, but we're working to tip the scales in favour of the community without leaving the door open for spammers. Thanks for your feedback on this delicate issue!

This discussion has been closed.