Can't search anymore when the keyboard finds no matching logins

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hi there,

When I am on a website lets say the accounts.google.com website and I want to login. I open the keyboard and press on the 1Password button but after that I just get a screen where it tells me that the app could not find any login and I should create one. But I have no option the search for an existing login that I may need. I think the option existed before but why is it gone now? Why can't I just search for the login I need?

Thank you for your time,
Timo Nowitzki

1Password Version: 6.4.1.BETA-2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7.0
Sync Type: 1Password for families

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@saad @peri are you here? :( Because this really gives me a hard time to use 1Password on my phone.

• Hey, Timo! Sorry for our late response. I think I have a clue of what might be going on, and it is done so by design.

Previously, we allowed the ability to search for Logins when we were unable to find matches to the website the user is on. However, the team decided to disable the capability of selecting Logins associated to other websites when the 1Password keyboard is able to detect the actual domain the user is on.

This was introduced to defend our users from phishing attacks as its easy to mimic a genuine web page and even make the domain name look the same using special characters. For 1Password keyboard to correctly associate websites with your Logins, please update the URL field for your Login items.

With that being said, our team has plans to relook at this implementation as we understand this may conflict with websites that have multiple entry points. If you absolutely need to workaround this in the short term, you can do so by disabling 1Password's automatic filling service temporarily.

I hope that helps! :)

P.S. Thanks again for the awesome postcard <3

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi @saad,
    Oh okay I can fully understand this ;) But maybe the simplest solution to this would be to also check if a login has multiple url fields. Because in the case of google I have these urls added to the item:

google.de
    accounts.google.com

So if 1Password would check for the second url field it would be able to show me the login ;)

P.S. their is no need to thank me. I need to thank you and the team :)

Have a great evening,
    Timo

And yes this indeed helped ;)

• saad
    edited October 2016

We are thinking the same, @ntimo! 1Password for Android does not support multiple URLs yet. When we do support them officially, we will expand it to the 1Password keyboard so it can better match your Logins. Cheers! :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@saad lets just hope this change will maybe happen in the 6.5 beta ;)

• Hehe ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Will have an eye on the changelog ;)

• Good idea! We published our first 6.5 beta today. Many more betas to come with many more changes ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@saad As my doctor always sad one beta a week keeps the doctor away.... or was it an apple? don't remember :dizzy:

• @ntimo There are a bunch of under the hood changes in recent beta releases that pushed us away from our regular rhythm. We hope to be on the same tempo soon.. and keep the doctors away. 8-)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

@saad Oh so no new beta next week? :( Well will have to wait then ;) But I like your way of thinking ;)

P.S. That where too many emoticons :dizzy:

• I was just referring to the last beta releases! ;)

This discussion has been closed.