There is an error in the latest German localization.

Options
af8d7ihb
af8d7ihb
Community Member

Hi!

When adding banking accounts, the account type used to be translated into German, e.g. "Girokonto" or "Sparkonto". Now, the options for the account type are all in English, i.e. "saving" or "checking" or "line of credit".
I'd say the problem first occured after the latest update. I'm running 1Password 6.3.3 on macOS Sierra. It would be great if you could look into it.

Thanks!
Tim

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:german localization

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @af8d7ihb

Thank you for taking some time to contact us about this issue. I'm sorry that some issues about the issues with the localization on 1Password, I'll file a report so our developers can look into it. Thank you for your patience while this gets sorted out :chuffed:

ref: OPM-4398

• jxsl13
    jxsl13
    Community Member
    Options

I'm working on the translation right now(only the macOS ones), any German contributor is welcome to help:
    Some translations need more context in order for the translation to make sense.

https://crowdin.com/translate/1password-for-ios-and-osx/23045/en-de

• rudy
    Options

Hi @af8d7ihb,

are the vaults on your computer from a 1Password.com account?

Rudy

• af8d7ihb
    af8d7ihb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy,

no, it's a local vault. I've never used 1Password.com.

Tim

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @af8d7ihb

Thank you for the extra details, we'll take a look at this :chuffed:

• jxsl13
    jxsl13
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Got another problem, even in the latest beta build: screenshot - the UI should actually be in German - sadly those basic default fields are still in english, tho.
    https://puu.sh/rHSb9/ff704a4c8a.png
    This is only one example, nearly all of these default preset fields are messed up.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jxsl13

Thank you for letting us know about this problem with the German translation. I think it's related to the localization in general and not language specific, so we'll take a look into it :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.