upgraded to iPhone 7 but only 96 of 134 logins transferred

Options
Gary_E
Gary_E
Community Member

Upgraded my wife's iphone from a 6 to a new iPhone 7. Used itunes on a Mac to backup old phone (encrypted backup) then used that backup to start up her new iPhone 7. She noticed there were some Logins missing and when I looked at it her new phone showed 96 logins whereas her old iPhone 6 showed 134 logins. How do I get all logins on her new phone?

1Password Version: 1password pro app for iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: iTunes backups
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded to iPhone 7 but only 96 of 134 logins transferred

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gary_E

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password on the new iPhone. If you still have access to the old iPhone then the easiest is to set up iCloud Sync to get all the items into the new iPhone. If you do want to do this, I'd recommend you to delete 1Password from the iPhone 7 and download it again to make sure you don't get duplicate items. :chuffed: If you don't have access to the old iPhone anymore please let us know so we can find an alternative solution for you!

Please let us know if you try this and how it all goes!

• Gary_E
    Gary_E
    Community Member
    Options

I had the old phone still and created a backup file that I downloaded via iTunes, then added it to new phone file and did a restore using that backup. It worked fine and back in business.

Thanks for your response

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gary_E

It sounds like you got everything under control now and 1Password is up and running in the new iPhone, that's great news! I hope that everything goes well for you with 1Password from now on, but if you ever need us again we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.