Help with a new families installation - passwords not syncing

Options
ntuli
ntuli
Community Member

Hello,
I have installed 1password desktop onto Macbook A and it works fine. Then I went to install it onto Macbook B and even though it accepts my login credentials the application does not have any of my password data. The browser extension (firefox) on Macbook B also seems to not have any of my password data. Please advise what steps I should take to properly sync my data across both macs. I am signed up for a 1password families trial account.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: 1Password Family Trial Account

Comments

• Jacob
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @ntuli! Sorry about that. I see your family account has some items in it. Is that how many should be syncing with your devices? I also noticed you're only signed in to one Mac. You need to sign in to 1Password for Mac on each device for things to sync. If the browser extension is not syncing that's most likely because the account isn't signed in there. Please sign in to your account in the app and let us know how that goes. :)

• ntuli
    ntuli
    Community Member
    Options

Jacob,
    As I said, I have already attempted to sign into 1Password on the second Mac and when I do the vault is completely empty. Yes, there are somewhere around 30 items at this point in all of my vaults. Please advise what steps to take.

• @ntuli Thanks for the update. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your second Mac, the one that is having trouble?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member
    Options

Jacob - to what extent do you have access to people's vault? You mention above that you are able to see how many items are in a persons vault. What else can you see?

I'm asking this from a security standpoint. Thanks.

• Good question. We can see what is necessary for diagnostics, to help troubleshoot issues with syncing specific items and such. That includes metadata:

• UUIDs (unique identifiers)
    • the vault UUID of the vault that item is in
    • whether the item has is in the trash
    • the item category
    • the member who last changed the item
    • the date it was last updated and synced

We can't see the title of the item, any of its contents, or really any information beyond that. All that data is encrypted by your Account Key and Master Password and there is no way for us to access it. Learn more about How 1Password protects the data in your account. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.