Mini dont fill the good username

Options

It's only for one website, I have a account number that I have to insert in 2 box example: first box 1234 and the second box 5678, actually mini fill all the numbers in the last one. If you have a solution that will be grate.

You can follow the link to see what I mean : https://secure.shawdirect.ca/english/my-account/?cookie=no

Thanks
Pierre

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Pierrehf,

Did you create the Login item inside of 1Password or did you use the 1Password Browser Extension to save the Login?

I believe if you use the steps in How to save a Login manually in your browser that 1Password will correctly fill both fields. For pages where it asks for three pieces of data (such as splitting the username between two fields) 1Password needs help in understand what to fill into each field and it can get this when the Login item is saved from inside the browser. Please let us know if it helps or if you're still having trouble.

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member
    Options

I littlebobbytables,

I can't find the place where we should do this in windows, I 'm with Chrome, any difference?

In 1password for windows 6 I don't find this.

Pierre

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pierrehf,

1Password 6 for Windows would explain the differences you're seeing. The instructions I linked you to are currently only applicable to 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password 6 for Mac. I have no doubt 1Password 6 for Windows will be able to do this at some point, it's just with 1Password 6 for Windows we started completely from scratch meaning the Windows team have had a lot of work to do to get to this stage.

You can still save a Login from inside the browser but it's a little more convoluted. 1Password 6 for Windows will ask if you want to save a new Login item but only if it doesn't have a record of the current password. The following should work.

1. From in the main 1Password screen edit the Login item for Shaw Direct. Delete the URL stored in item and save.
    2. Visit the Shaw Direct login page and using copy and paste fill in the three fields.
    3. When you click the Sign in button 1Password should ask if you want to save a new Login.

Saving manually or having 1Password ask will both result in the same Login item being saved, the difference is the manual approach would work when you have a Login item that matches but you're not ready to delete just yet. The trick of deleting the URL should mean 1Password can't match the the existing Login to this page and so it should ask. Once you've managed to create the new Login item and confirm it works you can then safely delete the old Login item.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer littlebobbytables,

"When you click the Sign in button 1Password should ask if you want to save a new Login"

1password dont ask me, but it is not verry rush so I will wait and let the windows team do their job.

Thanks

Pierre

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pierrehf,

I can't offer any sort of ETA as to when manual save might arrive and it's a shame if we don't get it working for you now.

If I understand correctly are you saying that you have no Login item in your vault that has both your Shaw password and the Shaw URL in it and 1Password did not ask if you want to save a new Login item?

This discussion has been closed.