Few question about 1p families

telUK
telUK
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Families

Hi

I have a single 1p license, Im interested in migrating to families but before I do, will I be able to use a 1p native app on my mac like I currently do with my single license?

I would prefer not to have to do everything on a browser, what I mean by that is I don't want to have to login on the 1p website to do stuff, I would like to have it how it is currently using the 1p browser extension and main app I have installed on my mac.

Is it still the same if I change.

Any tips would also help , because I'm unsure how to migrate my primary vault across.

And finally all family members use the same mac computer, (but different mac accounts), how do other family members that have never used 1p before go about creating accounts/profiles. I want it to be as easy as possible for them to get there passwords and any shared passwords, I would like them to have a master password, but does that mean they all have to setup separate 1p accounts?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited October 2016

Hi @telUK! Good question. 1Password Families changes just a few things about how you use 1Password day to day. I like to think of it as an extension of the app you've used over the years. It includes everything you would expect from the apps in addition to:

• Get all the 1Password apps. No matter which plan you choose, you (and every member of your family) always have free access to the latest versions of all the 1Password apps. Licenses only gave you access to 1Password on one platform, and accounts give you all of them with the subscription.
    • Share and sync without the need of a third-party sync service. Setting up sync with Dropbox can be confusing for some folks. With 1Password Families, simply sign in and all your data is there.
    • New vaults automatically show up for family members. When you create a new vault, you can add others in your plan to it automatically. They can start using it right away.
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items. If a change was made to an item and it needs to be reverted, fret not. It can easily be rolled back from 1Password.com.
    • Recover accounts if a family member forgets their Master Password. We have always prided ourselves on our security model which has no back door. While we still can’t help with lost account details, you can now recover a family member's account to get them a new Account Key and Master Password.
    • View, edit, and add items from a browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you're away from the devices you typically use.
    • Brand new multi-factor security model for your hosted account. Since your data is in the cloud, we took some extra steps to make sure the security is even better than what the standalone version of 1Password has. The Account Key strengthens your Master Password, and it's better than two-factor authentication.

That's an entire rundown of the features in 1Password Families right now. There are a few other ones, like automatic backup to the 1Password servers, and we're making things better as often as we can.

And finally all family members use the same mac computer, (but different mac accounts), how do other family members that have never used 1p before go about creating accounts/profiles. I want it to be as easy as possible for them to get there passwords and any shared passwords, I would like them to have a master password, but does that mean they all have to setup separate 1p accounts?

Initially, you (or the creator of the family account) will invite them to the family so they can begin using 1Password. Once they accept the invite, they will set up an Account Key and Master Password like you, then install the apps and sign in to their account. For more details on the specifics of each type of device, we have a guide to help out:

Get started with 1Password

Your family doesn't need to install 1Password again if it's already on the Mac. They can simply sign in to their account on their Mac user account. The app should be in the Applications folder for all users.

Hope that helps answer your question. Let us know if you have some other questions about 1Password Families before you sign up. We're happy to chat. :)

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

Thanks's for that, may look into in the near future then.

What methods of payment do you support?

• @telUK No problem at all. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards. Hope that helps!

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

Ah, so nothing like Paypal?

• @telUK Right now, no. We may add support for other payment methods in the future.

This discussion has been closed.