Update 3.7.2. on an older iPad to vers 4 while recent AppStore version not compatible to iOS 5.1.1

Options
ekuwand
ekuwand
Community Member

While I work with the latest version 1Password 6 on my MacBook Pro as well as on my iPad 4 and my 2 iPhones I unfortunately missed to update my older iPad 2 in spring 2014 to Version 4.

Which means now I have still version 3.7.2 installed on my iPad 2 but can‘t update it because version 6.4.5 is not compatible with iOS 5.1.1. Where can I download an older version 4 for my iPad coz version 3.7.2 is not syncing with the Dropbox vault either (which I just noticed today after not using the old iPad for about 2 years)?

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ekuwand,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Have you ever downloaded 1Password 4 for iOS? If you have, you should be able to go to the App Store > Purchased tab and scroll to 1Password (don't search). Tapping the cloud download button should install the appropriate version for you.

Unfortunately if you haven't previously downloaded v4 there is currently no way to do so.

As for v3 not syncing with Dropbox... this is something we announced back in 2013. Are you subscribed to our newsletter? If not I'd highly recommend it. It is low volume and high value:

Newsletter - 1Password

Here is the post where we talked about the issue with v3 + Dropbox:

AgileBits Blog | [Updated] If you use 1Password 3 for iOS and Dropbox sync, take action by September 1

Thanks.

Ben

• ekuwand
    ekuwand
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Thanks for the information … ahhhh that is too bad!!!!! Unfortunately I only downloaded v3 and v6 for iOS before because I was in a transition process for the last 3 years and did not use the older iPad much until now. >_<

Yes I get your newsletter … but you know with so many devices and daily info overflow you can easily oversee things …

Thanks, Eku

• Ben
    Options

Eku,

You could certainly still try why I suggested above anyway, but that would be the only possible solution. If that does not work there isn't anywhere other than the App Store that apps can be downloaded from.

Ben

• ekuwand
    ekuwand
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I see no chance to get it …

Too bad that the WiFi sync is not working as well!

Eku

• Ben
    Options

Yeah, unfortunately at this point 1Password 3 for iOS can only sync with 1Password 3 for Mac, and only via Wi-Fi sync (we now call this WLAN sync in the latest generation).

Sorry. :( Wish I had a better solution to offer, but unfortunately the constraints of the iOS ecosystem (specifically the App Store) make this sort of thing tough.

Ben

• ekuwand
    ekuwand
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Anyway … thank you for your detailed feedback that at least fully helped me to understand the situation!

Eku

• Ben
    Options

No problem! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.