1 Password Pro

Options
jr_jeff
jr_jeff
Community Member

I have recently upgraded my iPhone and re-installed my 1password app. My initial purchase and the Pro upgrade were made under a 'shared' family account long before Apple introduced family sharing. Since that time, and under recommendation from Apple, we have switched to individual accounts for all (with the shared account being the family owner) When I try to restore that previous purchase it does state I may have purchased under another account (which I did). However I am unable to get restore, even if I switch to that shared account under the apple store settings. Can you please advise how I can restore my Pro purchase? I currently have licenses for iPhone, Windows and MAC and sync through dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.02
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @jr_jeff,

1Password Pro purchases are tied to a specific Apple ID. They are not eligible for Family Sharing, because they are in-app purchases (no in-app purchases can be shared with Family Sharing):

What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? - Apple Support

You have a couple of options:

• You could subscribe to a 1Password Families account. This includes access to all of our 1Password apps, including the Pro features for iOS, for you and up to 4 additional family members. Additional family members beyond the initial 5 total can be added at an additional cost. This includes access not only to all of the apps and upgrades for the apps, but also includes the 1Password.com service which makes having your data on all of your devices and sharing data with family members much easier. You can learn more on https://1password.com/families/
    • You could purchase 1Password Pro for each Apple ID.
    • (not recommended) You could go back to using a single Apple ID for everyone. To make this work you'd have to reinstall 1Password (after backing up your data) using the Apple ID that has the Pro features purchase on it.

If you'd like further assistance pursuing any of these please let me know. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.