To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Have correct password but "Cannot log in."

hipneck
hipneck
Community Member

When going to log in to my account I have been getting "Cannot log in." I am using the correct password. I sometimes have been able to log in by trying again and typing very slowly, but mostly not (lately it has been not at all).

If I use an incorrect password it says "Cannot log in. Incorrect password." (Or something like that, so I know it's a different problem than typing accuracy.)

I am using Firefox on Windows 10. I don't want to switch browsers bc it's such a huge pain typing in that key... and I use Firefox for most everything now that Chrome stopped working for me on this OS.

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot log in

Comments

• Hi @hipneck! I'm sorry for the trouble. Could you check the sign-in address that is listed on your Emergency Kit and make sure you are using that to sign in? By default the sign in page takes you to https://my.1password.com, but that's not everyone's sign-in address. With family and team accounts, a custom address is included. Please try that address, as well as the Account Key and Master Password in your Emergency Kit. Let us know how that goes! :)

• hipneck
    hipneck
    Community Member

This is an intermittent problem and I think it must have something to do with Windows 10...? All aspects of the sign-in are correct... it's just sometimes it won't work. Today it works. Nothing is different.

• @hipneck Hmm, there shouldn't be intermittent issues. Are you using the same browser to sign in each time? And in between sign-in attempts, are you clearing the browser data?

This discussion has been closed.