Second search results not displaying without switching tab

dszp
dszp
Community Member

In the current beta (redid my phone Sat and it's a fresh install with sync only to Families), when I search for a password with the search feature, it generally works the first time. Usually I switch apps to paste login info. But when I go back to 1Password to search for something else and X the search text and type something else, it nearly always displays the list (like Favorites) rather than the search results as I type or after I click Search. If I cancel the search and try again sometimes it works, sometimes not. The results usually start to display but they seem to "pop under" the regular screen and get hidden after they flash.

If I cancel search and try again, like I said, it sometimes works, but often it doesn't. Usually if I switch tabs at the bottom to a non-active one like Categories or Organize and search it works fine, but it usually happens again. It seems to be the second search while on a tab, not specific to being on a particular tab. It feels like the issue might show up a bit more on the Favorites tab but that could be confirmation bias since I'm there frequently :-) But I've definitely had the issue from the Organize tab as well on my second search there.

Noticed it quite a lot while reinstalling all my apps and logging back in :-) Fortunately many support embedded 1Password login which is great, but sadly not all!

1Password Version: 6.5 build 650029
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• MrRooni
    edited October 2016

Good morning @dszp! Thanks so much for this very concise report! I will file an issue for this one and we'll see what we can do to get this one fixed up.

ref: OPI-3740

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

I can verify this. I find that it is intermittent - sometimes if you leave the app (by pressing the home button once, or twice) then return, search will work. But other times, no. Sometimes you can just switch tabs and it will work, as noted above. I am running the same build (6.5 650029) on an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.1 beta (14B71).

• Thanks for the verification, @mirv!

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@MrRooni, In light testing of the new 6.5 build 650030 this seems to be fixed, thanks! Will keep an eye out for edge cases.

• MrRooni
    edited October 2016

Thanks @dszp. Truth be told I would be skeptical of any fixes here as other reports I've seen of this issue mention its inconsistent nature to be one of the more frustrating aspects of it. ;)

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@MrRooni Yeah it did seem kind of inconsistent for a while, but the last few days when I set up my phone again starting last Saturday I got it replicating pretty consistently (Search, view, reveal password, go back, clear search, search again and the problem shows up, won't go away until changing bottom tab), even across days. I'll admit I haven't had much time to test but I haven't gotten the issue to repeat yet. Like I said I'll keep trying and will keep an eye out!

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Still happens for me, intermittently in 6.5 build ******30.

• Thanks @dszp, keep us posted!

• FolsomRider
    FolsomRider
    Community Member

Search is consistently broken for me with the latest build (030).

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@FolsomRider

I'm not seeing that behavior here on my end. I've just done ~15 or so searches and each one has succeeded properly.

Out of curiosity, if you open 1Password, then double tap the home button and swipe the 1Password pane up and off the screen, which will quit 1Password fully. Then re-open 1Password. Does this make it work properly again or is it still broken for you?

For some of the other issues in this discussion, I'm tentatively scheduled to look into them maybe next week. I'd love to get all of these issues fixed.

• FolsomRider
    FolsomRider
    Community Member

At the moment I am unable to reproduce the issue. I did update to the latest iOS beta earlier this morning, perhaps something is different because of that? I will continue to see if I can reproduce what I reported earlier.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Looks like I can reproduce it. The steps are:
    1. Unload the app by double-clicking the home button and swiping the 1Password app up.
    2. Press home button.
    3. Open 1Password again.
    4. Type a search string in the search field.
    5. Unload the app as in step 1.
    6. Open 1Password again.
    7. Press Back to get back to the search field. Clear it and type another search string.

The search does not work after this.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

@MrRooni I reproduced this a slightly different way last night and sent some diagnostic reports, see tickets:

• PZP-54383-114
    • VRT-86792-732
    • EBU-62336-525
  • holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

I can confirm that there's still something up with searching. Sometimes results don't show up at all until you switch tabs. Other times it's just showing everything and not applying the search term at all.

I'm on version 6.5 (650031) running the latest iOS 10.1 beta (build 14B72c).

• Thank you all very much for your reports. I believe I now have enough information to figure out what's going on here. Cheers!

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@MrRooni BTW, with current beta, if I open the app and it's on the Favorites tab, tapping Search pretty much immediately opens a results display and then Favorites covers it. I have to move to another tab to search at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I'm seeing that too. Thanks for bringing this up! We'll get this fixed.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Possibly related to this, I often have search not doing anything when I enter via 3D Touch on the app icon.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Yes I get the same problem - no search results when entering via 3D touch-search.

• Hello folks! I have found and fixed this problem. Thank you so much for all the tips and assistance! You should see it repaired in the next 6.5 beta for iOS. Cheers!

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

AWESOME! Thanks to all the fantastic folks at Agile. And a great holiday to the Americans. Hopefully this country will still be here in four years.

• LOL @hazmat. Thanks for the kind words.

This discussion has been closed.