1Password App Will Not Open on Apple Watch

pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

I've had the app (6.4.5) installed on my Apple Watch for some time. However I haven't launched it in quite a while. Today when I launched it I got the passcode entry field. After entering this I got the message that I needed to open/unlock 1Password on my phone. Ok, after doing that I went back to the watch and tapped on the 1Password icon on the center of the screen getting again a passcode entry field which this time does nothing and freezes on the watch screen. At that point nothing else can be done with the app on the Watch.

I've restarted both devices and removed the app from the Watch and then re-installed it but to no avail. I use Dropbox for syncing, the phone is a 7+ on iOS 10 and the Watch is on OS 3. I've had no such issues in the past but it has been a couple of months since I attempted to access the app on my watch. I only had it installed to have access to passwords I needed at work but I'm retired now so have no need for this function so have deleted the app from my watch for the time being.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I resolved this by following some suggestions I found in older threads about the same issue. Since this seems to be fairly common with iOS and 1Password updates maybe there should always be instructions included with each update.

Anyway after deleting the app from my watch I went to the 1Password app on my phone to Settings/Apple Watch and toggled that off. Then I reinstalled the app on the Watch and then went back to the app on the phone and toggled that setting back on. Somewhat tedious but it did work. I don't really need this on my watch but it always aggravates me to have something that is supposed to work but doesn't.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you! Thanks for following up. I'm sorry you had so much trouble getting your watch to open 1Password, but I'm glad it's working for you now after reinstalling. Honestly this doesn't come up much any more. It was very common back in the watchOS 1 days, got a little better with watchOS 2, and with watchOS 3 everything seems much faster and more reliable. Hopefully you don't run into any further issues, but we're here for you if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.