To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I cannot see the sync tab on preferences and hence cannot sync across devices

Options
Liamulator
Liamulator
Community Member

I have recently downloaded 1Password and begun using it on the various computers and devices I own or use regularly.

I am keen to sync across these devices with either iCloud or Dropbox but when opening the preferences for 1Password there is no Sync tab. All the instructions suggest to click on this as one as one of the key steps but clearlyI cannot do this. I have downloaded the latest versions of all software I am using or attempting to use.

Can you please suggest a different course of action.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:syncing

Comments

• Hi @Liamulator! Welcome to 1Password. :) I'm sorry for the confusion about sync. There's no need to set up sync when you have a 1Password account. All you have to do to get your passwords on other devices is sign in to your account. You can even do it from 1Password.com on a device that doesn’t have the 1Password app installed. Hope that helps clear things up!

• MikeMcD
    MikeMcD
    Community Member
    Options

having trouble syncing...
    went to 1password.com
    login
    my.1password.com is a blank page

• @MikeMcD Sorry for the trouble. Is my.1password.com a blank white page for you? If so, that issue may be due to a certificate chain problem where certificates show as revoked in your browser and the browser can't securely communicate with our server. The workaround at the moment is to use Firefox instead of Safari or Google chrome. Please try rebooting your computer as well. If that doesn't help, let us know what operating system you are using so we can suggest some other things.

• MikeMcD
    MikeMcD
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

that blank page was on iOS Safari.

signed into iCloud on both devices... same Apple ID... does not sync
    shows 79 items in OS X and 12 in iOS.
    sent troubleshooting data, waiting for reply.
    thanks.

• Jacob
    edited October 2016
    Options

@MikeMcD Thanks for the update. I see Lisa has responded to your email. We'll keep the conversation going there for now. :)

ref: GDC-36225-413

This discussion has been closed.