To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating from old family app to new subscription family service

Options

I have been running 1passworrd on a macbook air. I purchased a new computer (without the app) and have now upgraded to your subscription service. I have my backup data on iCloud. However, I am unable to import my current data into 1password subscription (using instructions on the web). I believe that i am supposed to import data from iCloud but when I select "import" the software directs me to the instructions to import and does not allow actual importing. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: none
OS Version: os 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gretchen_in_CA,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

Moving from our standalone product to a 1Password.com account does not actually involve using the import function. You can read about how to do it here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Gretchen_in_CA
    Gretchen_in_CA
    Community Member
    Options

OK so I have figured out how to get both of my accounts on my iPad (the old account and now the new subscription). FYI the QR reader was not functional (I am working on an iPadpro). In oder to move these over it looks like I have to do this one at a time?

• Ben
    Options

@Gretchen_in_CA

I'd recommend doing the migration from your MacBook Air (or whatever the new computer you mentioned is). It'll be much easier than trying to do it record by record on the iPad.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.