Fix for working with multiple personas on Google Chrome and 1Password extension

Options

Hello everyone

I wanted to make this informational post containing a fix for 1Password extension when using multiple personas on Google Chrome.

As you know you can have multiple Personas in Google Chrome where each has their own 'browser', for example a work and a personal persona, where each has their own bookmarks, settings, cookies, ...

I had an issue a few days ago where after an update to either 1Password or Chrome only one of my personas was authenticated with the 1Password extension: I received the pin validation popup (excuse my made up name ;-) ) on one persona only. The result was that in my other persona 1Password didn't work anymore, clicking the icon or calling 1Password from the context menu did nothing.

Easy fix that took me quite some time: Close the persona with the working 1Password first, then close the other one. When reopening Google chrome it will load the last closed persona, starting new communication with 1Password and requesting the pin validation. The other persona should continue to work as before.

I hope this helps someone out there with a similar issue or can help the 1Password team refine this great piece of software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for this, @michaelanckaert! I'm glad things are working for you now and it's super nice of you to come and share your experience for other users who might be having issues with the new authorization and multiple Chrome profiles.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.