Master Password on iPhone stopped working after 30 minutes

Options
quiltergirl
quiltergirl
Community Member

I recently moved to a family account. I have two vaults, one of which I share with my husband, which he accesses on his iPhone only. When I initially set it up, he was able to get into the app. Half an hour later, he can't get in. The password that I set up on the iPhone is no longer working. This is extremely frustrating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Master Password

Comments

• Hi @quiltergirl! Welcome to our forum. I'm very sorry to hear about the Master Password issues. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to get back in. :)

First, could you try the Master Password you wrote in your Emergency Kit? Learn about the Emergency Kit and where to find it:

1Password Emergency Kit

If that isn't working, or you doesn't have your Master Password written there, please try the Master Password you used before moving to a family account. It may still work if you haven't removed your Primary vault from 1Password on your devices.

I'm also curious about how you set up your iPhone. Did you sign in to your account there or were you using 1Password on it before you migrated to an account?

• quiltergirl
    quiltergirl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob -- That worked! Now, how do I change that password?

• @quiltergirl Glad to hear it! The way to change the Master Password depends on how you set up your account in the app. Did you use 1Password on your iPhone before creating and signing in to an account? I want to make sure you change the correct one. If you used 1Password there before, your Primary vault controls the Master Password for the app. You can start using just your account's Master Password by removing the Primary vault. On iOS, this can be done by tapping Settings -> Advanced -> Erase All 1Password Data within the app, then signing in to your account. Only do this if you have moved your existing data over to your new account.

If you aren't sure how things are set up right now, we can help. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices?

How to send diagnostics reports

Please send us one from each device so we have a full picture and can help you start using the account and its Master Password only.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.