Chrome web page crashes when adding a huge document file

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hi there,

I just tried adding a huge file about 37mb in form of a zip as a new document item using chrome on my macbook pro with Mac OS X Sierra and chrome version 54.0.2840.59 (64-bit). After maybe 10-20 seconds of uploading the page crashes. And after reloading it and logging in again the item is not saved.. I tried this 2 times and it crashes every time.

Thank you for your help,
Timo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Hi @ntimo! Thanks for posting about this. I was able to reproduce it as well. Not quite sure what's going on since the console logs stop once the page crashes. I'll let the team know about the issue, and we'll look into it. :) In the meantime, Firefox and Safari appear to work with all sizes files.

ref: B5-2116

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob, thank you for the info I will try it with safari. Then. If its fixed could you give me a heads up? So I can try it out. And confirm it works on my end too.

• Absolutely. I'll make sure we check in with you when we get it patched up. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Jacob I saw that version 219 was deployed does this fix the issue?

• It does not. We'll let you know when we've fixed it. ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob I wanted to check back with you about the status of the issue. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for checking in! Unfortunately this issue hasn't been resolved for Chrome yet. We'll let you know once we're able to find a fix, and in the mean time it appears that other browsers are not affected, so using Firefox may help. Thanks for your patience. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.