To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

A question about sync

Captain_Hook
Captain_Hook
Community Member

Hi All,

I have 1Password on my Android phone, iPad and PC. I however do not have any sync configured, like cloud, dropbox, etc. I just login to my online account, add / remove data and it then automatically appears on my Android, iPad and PC.

So for me, it's not very clear why we need to use dropbox or icloud if it is syncing anyway? Could you please explain me this bit? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Captain_Hook! I'm very sorry there's been some confusion about sync. You are doing things correctly. With an account, all you have to do is sign in and your data is synced automatically. Dropbox and iCloud are for the standalone version of 1Password that is used without an account.

To make sure folks don't get confused about this in the future, I'm curious where you read or found details about Dropbox and iCloud that started the confusion? I'd like to correct that if possible. :)

• @Captain_Hook No problem at all! Thanks for letting me know. :) If you have any other questions we're happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.