american airlines ask for user name , last name , then password - how to get last name in 1pass sett

Options

how can i tell 1password that it needs to add last name? when i just fill it manually i thought 1password would watch me or see it and ask to "update" 1password but it doesn't - no window pops up. so is there a field in the login vault i need to create or am i just missing the step that causes 1password to ask me to update. One i push log in on the web page is that usually when it asks? 0r when i log out? what if i just close the page. which of those will give me window i see occasionally asking to create a new or update existing?? thanks

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @db1111. On sites that require three fields, the only way currently to have those fields fill in again later is to save the site in your browser. If you already have the site saved, you can either delete your current entry and let autosave catch the next sign-in or you can create the new login manually. Once you're satisfied the new login works, you can delete the previous one.

I hope that helps!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• ItsPhilD
    ItsPhilD
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. For a lot of my airline and car rental sites they require 3 fields for login. User Name, Last Name and Password. I tried your method but it still only captures the User Name and Password. Any other ideas or if not when will you all be address this issue?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ItsPhilD Did saving the Login from the browser like my comment on April 11 describes not work? If you're still having trouble, please share the URLs where you're having the problem and we'll take a look.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ItsPhilD,

I tried out using the "create new login manually" steps with the URLs you posted and attempted to login.
    It looks like 1Password is able to enter the last name correctly for me.

There are step by step instructions to do what I did, with some screenshots: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Hopefully those steps will sort this out.

If not please let us know a few more details about your setup so we can investigate further:

• version number of your browser.
    • version of your extension
    • version of 1Password

Thanks,
    Matt

• ItsPhilD
    ItsPhilD
    Community Member
    Options

OS X 10.5.5
    Safari 9.1.2 (10601.7.7)
    1Password Ext 4.5.9
    1Password 6.3.2 (632001)

No difference. 1Password seems to only have the ability to save 2 fields for logins, user name and password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @ItsPhilD,

Sorry you're still having trouble with Login items for at least these two site pages:

Here's what I'm seeing after clicking show web form details in item details of test items created using the instructions for saving a Login manually.

For the aa.com page (with more details at bottom truncated in this image):

For the lq.com page:

And 1Password successfully fills for me with those items on their sites.

1Password seems to only have the ability to save 2 fields for logins, user name and password.

The required three fields will only be saved (in web form details) when items are created like Jamie mentioned earlier:

On sites that require three fields, the only way currently to have those fields fill in again later is to save the site in your browser.

Do you see the extra fields after clicking show web form details in item details of your items and does the information look correct?

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi,
    Update:
    Never mind, I tried to create New Login one more time and it works now. The only difference while setting it up, I did not click login at all, just exited the tab after I saved New Login.

I get the following web form details, but no last name gets loaded.
    Any idea what is missing?
    Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Fairgame,

Based on the update added am I correct in thinking everything is working correctly or are you still experiencing troubles? If all the fields aren't filling properly that you expected 1Password to fill please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.