New Update has rendered my Chrome Browser extension useless

Options

I have truly loved 1Password pretty much every day since I first purchased my license for it. But what happened since I updated it, is mind boggling.

My chrome browser extension literally doesn't work. I've tried trashing the program and then reinstalling, but literally nothing happens. I've read everything online... but when I click on the extension, nothing happens at all.

Is there some kind of clear set of specific directions on what to do after the update if you have a License and not an "account." This is so frustrating.

thanks in advance for your help, Craig

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1.9
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Craig ( @AlwaysOptimistic ). I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. It sounds a little simple, but have you tried restarting your Mac? Getting everything started from a fresh start might help sort out any issue with the connection between Chrome and 1Password.

If you still have trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AlwaysOptimistic
    AlwaysOptimistic
    Community Member
    Options

Hello there @jxpx777 - I restarted but nothing happened. Was just on my way to creating my report.

However... the new update sorted everything out, immediately. Looks like a lot of other people were having similar issues - thanks to AgileBits for responding quickly with an update.

Take care, Craig

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @AlwaysOptimistic,

I haven't had a chance to see what the developers altered yet in 6.3.5 but this isn't the only report I've heard that it has helped. It will be interesting to learn what we never came across during the beta testing that releasing 6.3.4 clearly highlighted. Glad to hear it helped :smile:

This discussion has been closed.