Spelling of authorize / authorise

Options

Comments

• jjvierra
    jjvierra
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated and saw this. My concern is that the spelling for authorization in my window says authorisation. weird.

• jjvierra
    jjvierra
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using firefox. Exact wording below. Just thinking the wording should be the same across all browsers?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjvierra,

Thanks for taking the time to ask about this! Your question is different than the one from the previous discussion, so I've moved your messages to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

My concern is that the spelling for authorization in my window says authorisation.

Sorry if that caused some concern or confusion for you! We have developers in several different countries around the world, and in some countries, the correct spelling is "authorisation". But I think we've corrected that in an update.

I'm using firefox. Exact wording below. Just thinking the wording should be the same across all browsers?

Did you mean to include a screenshot of that? There doesn't seem to be anything in your last post with the wording you're referring to.

If you have version 4.6.1 of the extension installed in each browser, and you've updated the main 1Password app to 6.3.5, but you're still seeing an alternate spelling in the extension authorization prompts, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• jjvierra
    jjvierra
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about that. I meant to but missed it. But I did some further search and found a link on your site that talked about it being an issue with localization. So I'm OK now. Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, and I'm glad you were able to find the answer on another page!

We're always happy to help, so if you need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.