Android app always asks for master password when opening from keyboard

Options
rarmatei
rarmatei
Community Member

I have setup a PIN inside the Android app. I understand it will still ask for my master password, but only when explicitly closing the app process or when restarting my phone, but if I leave it in the foreground I would expect it to only ask for the PIN when opening.

But when I open it from the keyboard, it always asks me to type my master password. I don't have a fingerprint scanner on my phone, so the PIN is definitely preferred to entering my very long master password using the phone's keyboard every time I want to log in somewhere.

Also, the issue is even more inconvenient when I try to fill in a password on my phone after I've added it to 1Password through the Mac client. Because the app doesn't sync in the foreground, I have to type my master password once to open it through the keyboard, wait for it to sync, close it, then open it again (and type my master password) to see the login I've added on my Mac.

Could you please advise?

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Android app always asks for master password when opening from keyboard

Comments

• peri
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hey @rarmatei. Thanks for getting in touch and for reporting this issue. :)

We've had a few other reports of users being prompted for the Master Password instead of their PIN code when launching from the keyboard, and I'm able to reproduce this as well. I've opened up an issue internally for our devs to review and I'll go ahead and forward your feedback as well.
    ref: OPA-1003

Let us know if you have any other questions or problems! Thanks!

• mistawu
    mistawu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, any update on this? On my Nexus 6p, fingerprint unlock works. But Pixel C I have to type the master password every time I want to fill from the keyboard even with pin enabled in the app.

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member
    Options

I'm hoping that this issue (which affects Android whether or not you have enabled the PIN code in the app) will be resolved in the next beta version (it's not currently fixed in 6.5.BETA-1). It's a rather annoying bug and when you have a very long master password, it's a pain to have to type it in every single time.

• peri
    Options

Hey @mistawu and @Martok. I don't have an update on this issue at the moment, but we have indeed confirmed that the bug persists whether or not a PIN code is enabled. I'll pass your feedback regarding this along to our team. Hopefully we can get it sorted out soon!
    ref: OPA-1003

This discussion has been closed.