I can't see any password categories in the chrome browser extension - just a search box

Options

Just installed 1password6 for Windows and migrated passwords from a dropbox-based mac account. the browser extensions do not provide drop-down options for logging-in - just the option to search and the message 'no suitable items found...'.
Is this the expected behaviour? I don't seem to be able to access identities etc at all...

Best,
Paul

1Password Version: 6.1.272
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:categories on browser

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @pauloneill03 (Paul),

What you're seeing at the moment is mostly due to how new the entire codebase of 1Password 6 for Windows is. Much like when we departed from the 1Password 3 for Mac codebase and started afresh for 1Password 4 for Mac we've reached that point on Windows. So the Windows team is working tirelessly to incorporate all the features our 1Password 4 for Windows users were used to but it will take time. For at least the moment the extension in 1Password 6 for Windows is quite simple. It will display matching Login items for the open tab and you can fill using these but filling of Identity and Credit Card items is on the to-do list. I can't offer any sort of ETA I'm afraid as I would be simply plucking a number out of the air and it wouldn't be based on anything real. I'm confident it won't be too long now as basic support for Login items seems to be pretty solid. All I can recommend is to keep 1Password 6 for Windows up to date as each update will no doubt bring improvements for all Windows users. Sorry I couldn't offer anything more concrete at the moment.

• pauloneill03
    pauloneill03
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response!
    I'm a little disappointed that the Windows offering is so sparse, I've been happily using 1password on my macs for many years. Having switched to a Windows environment, I really need something as good as 1password to organise my life. It seems however that I can't justify the monthly subsciption for

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We understand. As you can imagine, we use 1Password every day to organize our lives as well, so we're working hard to add features to the new Windows app. Thanks for letting us know that viewing by category in 1Password mini is important to you!

In the mean time, I think you'll find that searching can be even faster than manually clicking around to find individual items. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions! :)

This discussion has been closed.