Fill login or login from 1Password mini no longer works after 6.3.4 update + code verification issue

Options

I just updated 1Password to the latest 6.3.4 release. I struggled for a while with the code verification issue (I use Bartender like many people here), but figured things out after searching for the problem and finding the threads discussing it. It was frustrating but it's behind me now.

The problem now is that logging in to pages requiring login with ⌘\ or by opening 1Password Mini and clicking on the option it has chosen (correctly) no longer works. It just does nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension several times, going through the code verification process every time. It neither works in Chrome or Safari (I use Safari Technology Preview, which was never a problem in the past). I also tried restarting my machine. After a restart, pressing ⌘\ brings up the 1Password Mini password entry window to unlock 1Password, I enter the password it needs, and then nothing happens.

Any ideas what the problem is?

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sherif

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the browser extension not activating/filling properly. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• sherif
    sherif
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben, thanks for responding to my post.
    I sent the diagnostic report and my support ID number is #APU-25784-742

Cheers

• ksaq
    ksaq
    Community Member
    Options

I have had the same issue.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I will just comment that, while Safari worked fine for me after the update, I had problems with either Firefox or Chrome (can't remember which, maybe both). I solved the problem by deleting the extension and reinstalling it, which I think may have updated the extension. I don't think you have anything to lose by deleting and reinstalling the extension.

• sherif
    sherif
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension multiple times. Reinstalling both the version from the developer, and the version from the gallery, and the issue persists with 6.3.5. Even after the update, reinstalling the extension, and going through the verification code process, 1Password Mini sees the page and selects the correct login for it, but doesn't actually log me in. It just disappears as if it did.

Edit: looks like it's working in Chrome now, just not in Safari Tech Preview

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Greetings @sherif,

What do you find in the stable version of Safari, is the issue limited to just the Technology Preview?

ref: APU-25784-742

• sherif
    sherif
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables

The issue occurs in stable Safari too, and persists even after I disable all other Safari extensions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

@sherif: Indeed, I ran into this issue myself. I'm not certain how to trigger it, but Safari just stops responding to URLs unless I restart my Mac. 1Password is able to open URLs in other browsers just fine. Let me know if that helps. Fortunately(?) I need to regularly restart anyway when DNS stops working. It definitely seems like a macOS/Safari issue, but we'll see if there's something we can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.