Ccannot update from 6.0.186 to 6.1.272

rfog
rfog
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

On app launch it shows I have an update but when clicking on "Update now" the installer opens, closes and nothing happens. On next launch, it still shows update available. I tried running the program as administrator without look.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0.186
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rfog: Sorry for the trouble! It looks like you may be running into an issue with the old updater. Please install a fresh copy of the latest version:

1Password 6 Windows desktop

Let me know how it turns out! :)

• rfog
    rfog
    Community Member

@brenty. it seems problem was my old 1password installation was in program files and this new one inside my profile. Once removed old one, I could install the new one, that seems being working way better. At least has been able to enable the Chrome Extension, that the older one wasn't.

Thanks for all!

• Hi @rfog,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that, I'm glad you got it fixed. That may have been because of the everyone vs local user install issue, we've switched to local user only after the 186d beta update and it caused some issues where the installer could not uninstall the previous everyone install.

I'm glad 1Password is also working in Chrome. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

This discussion has been closed.