When I set my sync for each vault, 1Password loses the settings

Options
jweinberger
jweinberger
Community Member

I have been syncing to Dropbox for a long time. Today I noticed some entries I created on other devices are not on my mac. I checked the sync settings. All the vaults are set to "none" (incorrectly). So I set them to Dropbox, one by one. As I went to check each one, it had reset itself back to none. Obviously, this is urgent as I need my entries on my other devices (which do sync, though not easily...).

What is going on? Why can't I tell my 1Password Mac to sync?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync settings don't hold

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jweinberger

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with 1Password. Could you please restart your computer and try again to set up syncing?
    Please let us know what you find out :chuffed:

• jweinberger
    jweinberger
    Community Member
    Options

Really? I've done all of that. Including removing and reinstalling 1Password on every device.

My main vault will not sync with Dropbox at all. Each device says it does, but it fails. On the Mac I can only get it to choose "none"

Then, Eventually (no idea how) I get my main vault to sync with iCloud and the others to sync with Dropbox.

It's pretty clear something is wrong with your sync software. I don't know how to diagnose or fix it. I'll be happy to try things that are easy and non-destructive if it helps.

But I expect you to fix this.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jweinberger

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still having this problem. In general, it works best to try simple things and escalate as necessary, which you tell me you've done :chuffed: I would like to please ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of the devices youth you need to sync. This will let us see inside 1Password so we we can figure out what went wrong!

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jweinberger
    jweinberger
    Community Member
    Options

ok, will do. It may not be very soon. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries. We're here when you need us. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.