Syncing iPhone & iPad using MacBook pro via WLAN

Options
LSG
LSG
Community Member

When ever I try to sync my iPhone & or iPad using the WLAN I get an error message I have to disable the sync and shut shut down my iPhone & iPad and restart the connection before I can sync with my MacBook pro. It's like it doesn't remember the connection over the WLAN

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LSG

I'm sorry that you've been having some trouble with WLAN sync. You can only sync one desktop to one mobile device, so when you want to change between your iPhone and iPad you need to reset the WLAN syncing. Is this what you mean? If not, could you please give us some more details about your configuration and what's going on?

I hope to hear back from you soon :chuffed:

• LSG
    LSG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have a Macbook pro with 1password and it is used as the main source. I also have 1password on my iPad & iPhone. I sync them both to the MacBook pro. when I attempt to do so Receive the following error message
    Computer not found
    1Password could not find a Mac or PC to sync with.
    Please make sure your computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi (which it is)
    and is running 1Password app with WLAN server option enabled (which it is)

This is where I have to actually power of my iPhone and/or iPad after I disable sync on mobile device. After waiting about a minute I turn on my mobile device and reset the WLAN sync setting on the mobile devices and only then does it recognize the WLAN and sync begins

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @LSG! And sorry for any confusion - you can certainly use WLAN server to sync one Mac with multiple iOS devices, so that shouldn't be a problem. It's strange that you need to keep rebooting your devices and go through the sync setup again in order for this to work.

It's possible you can solve this by following the suggestions here: If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

If those steps don't help, can you please let us know a few more details:

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.