iPad Pro, iPhone 6, iMac syncing problem with dropbox

Options
cona7351
cona7351
Community Member

I've seen others post about this.

If I create a new login it is not synced to my other devices. So if I create a new login on my iPad Pro, I then can't see this on my iMac or iPhone 6.

I read one of you support options was to look within Dropbox in the 1 password folder and then in the default and data folders to see what date the latest file was. Mine was 2 days ago. I created a new login as it suggested and then checked the folder again. The latest file was still the same, 2 days ago which suggests the issue is within the 1password app, not Dropbox. I've checked that all my 1 password apps are pointing to the same Dropbox file which they are and I've checked and syncing is on through everything.

Please help

Simon

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hey @cona7351

I'm going to ask you to create some diagnostics reports here, and we'll conduct the remainder of this via email. Not because I don't believe you (I do, of course!) but because without a closer look at what might be going on with one or more of your devices, this will be a game of 20 Questions. In the meantime, I'd also like you to create a new Secure Note on each device - give them each unique, easily-recognizable names, such as "From iPad," "From Mac," etc, so you can see which appear on what devices. That may help us narrow down the issue. Let us know the results of that, please.

As far as the Diagnostics Reports, I'd like one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: IBZ-74143-695

• Scrim
    Scrim
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue. My iMac is on Sierra, and my iPad Pro and iPhone 6 are on iOS 10. They are synced via dropbox. If I make an entry on my iPad or iPhone, they both sync Ok, but the change does not appear on the iMac. If I make a change on the iMac, it does not appear on either of the iOS devices.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Scrim,

Please send us the diagnostics reports as Lars outlined in his post above. Please be sure to post back here with your support ID(s) once you have sent the reports so we can get eyes on them ASAP.

Thanks.

Ben

• Scrim
    Scrim
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I have resolved it thanks. Was having trouble with iCloud that is still not sorted out so went to Dropbox. After several attempts and eventually turning off and starting again it is now working perfectly.
    Thanks, John

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update John. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.