Security audit feature request: view on password update status of entire vault

Options
pminne
pminne
Community Member

When someone's being off-boarded, we immediately have all passwords in the vaults (s)he had access to reset by the different tool managers. It would be super useful if a vault manager could keep an eye on the progress of that to ensure access is revoked within an acceptable time frame.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:security audit

Comments

• Hi @pminne! Thanks for the suggestion. How do you see this working in 1Password Teams? It may be difficult to give a progress indicator when different people are changing the passwords. Are you looking for a sort of "Start offboarding" button which enables this, then the team can start changing passwords and it gives a percentage of what has been changed in that vault? That's one idea, but I'm not sure it would help in this case. Let me know what you were thinking so I have a better idea. :)

• pminne
    pminne
    Community Member
    Options

I believe a very basic implementation could be to offer some flexibility in the 'password age' in the Security Audit filters. Right now you only have 3 fixed periods. None can be used for off-boarding where you would typically check after 4 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, ...
    Some low hanging fruit? :)

• @pminne Oh, well then good news: That's available right now in 1Password for Mac thanks to search options:

You can activate these by choosing Edit -> Find -> Show Search Options from the menu bar, or by pressing Command Option Control F on your keyboard. The units are days, so it may be a little more broad, but it should help you with changes within the past day. There are lots of other search options as well, such as date created, whether password changes were made, and when they were last used. What do you think?

• pminne
    pminne
    Community Member
    Options

Well look at that :)
    Never really checked the options in the Menu.
    Thanks for the quick responses Jakob. Awesome support.

• No problem at all! It's a hidden one. :glasses: Have fun exploring those menus.

This discussion has been closed.