how do i get 1password to stay open longer on my iPad pro?

Options
Mike6845
Mike6845
Community Member

I use 1password to access Diligent in board meetings that last up to 8 hours. It keeps shutting down after about 15 minutes if I do not go to another page. I want it to stay open the length of the meeting.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i get 1password to stay open longer

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There are two places in the settings where you can look. Settings > Security and Settings > Advanced > Security.

You may need to use Touch ID to open 1PW but you certainly would not need to enter your master password.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for chiming in here danco. :)

@Mike6845 As danco mentioned I'd suggest reviewing your 1Password security settings.

In under 1Password > Settings > Security you'll likely want to turn on Touch ID if your device supports it.

Also 1Password under Settings > Advanced > Security you should see an option called "require master password." You'll likely want to have that set to the default ("never"). Note that it is still critically important that even if you aren't typing your Master Password very often you still need to remember it. All of your data is encrypted using it. If you forget it there is no way to recover your data.

And finally, but perhaps most importantly, if you are using the browser built into 1Password to access Diligent I would not recommend doing that, as when 1Password locks you'll lose Diligent as well. Instead I'd recommend accessing Diligent in Safari:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.