No synchronisation between Windows device and Iphone

I have a 30 Day trial version of 1 Password on my MAC and the App on my Iphone. Synchronisation via WLAN (one network) is okay. Now I wanted to have 1Password also on my Windows PC and downloaded the program "1password 6" from your webpage and installed it. After opening the program I signed in my 1password account with the help of my 1password emergency kit. Now I want to synchronize my Iphone with the Windows PC via WLAN but it does not work I get an error message: "1password could not find a MAC or PC to sync with......". The Windows (7) PC and the iphone are in the same WIFI network at work which is different to my MAC network at home. Actually it should synchronize. But I also do not see any "synchronize command" on the 1 password windows display only "import and export" can be selected but don´t work either. What I am doing wrong?

Comments

• Hallo @rororo,

Dein Benutzername hat erstmal Erinnerungen an viele viele Bücher geweckt :)

1Password 6 für Windows hat noch keine WLAN-Synchronisierung. Diese wird erst zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt eingebaut. Außerdem raten wir grundsätzlich davon ab ein iOS-Gerät als Übertragungsgerät zwischen einem PC und einem Mac zu nutzen. Das Potential für Datensynchronisierungsfehler bei der Nutzung von WLAN-Sync auf zwei Geräten ist zu groß.

Hilf mir hier bitte mal kurz: Du hast ein 1Password.com-Konto, dass Du auf Deinem Windows PC nutzt. Wieso willst Du dann noch per WLAN synchronisieren?

Ich frage, weil das 1Password.com-Konto all diese Probleme lösen würde. Damit musst Du Dir über Synchronisierung und Lizenzen keine Gedanken mehr machen und das bei einem Grad an Sicherheit, der durch aus mit Synchronisierung über ein lokales Netzwerk mithalten kann.

Grüße aus Trier,

Alex

• rororo
    rororo
    Community Member

Danke für die schnelle Antwort. Mir war nicht klar, dass eine Synchronisation aller Geräte über den 1Password account stattfindet. Eigentlich wäre mir eine lokale WLAN Kopplung aus Sicherheitsgründen lieber. Geht auch beides wahlweise? ZB MAC zuhause mit WLAN Tresor "privat" synchronisieren und mit PC über Account Tresor "anderes" synchronisieren?

• Hi @rororo,

Alex is on his weekend, so I'd want to help by replying to your question sooner.

You can create two separate type of vaults, one local vault sync'ed via WLAN and a different vault to be stored in your 1Password.com account. Both 1Password 6 for Mac and Windows support Folder Syncing but this won't work with iOS devices, basically you sync your 1Password data to a folder and you can use your own sync tool to sync that folder between computers and Android devices. Note that 1Password 6 for Windows does not yet support editing local vaults, you can switch to 1Password 4 for Windows if you need that support.

If you only want to sync with WLAN between your Mac and iOS devices, you can configure the WLAN server on your Mac to only sync certain local vaults to your iOS and Android devices but this cannot be used to sync to another computer.

Just in case you ask, the vaults in the 1Password.com account cannot be combined with other sync options, this is intentional because the 1Password servers does all of the syncing for you automatically, we want it to be simple, so that as soon as you sign in, your data is ready. In addition, our servers only sees encrypted data as it requires two separate piece of keys that we do not have, your Account Key and your Master Password.

This discussion has been closed.