To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

passwords on iOS but not Mac- no option to sync in Preferences?

alia
alia
Community Member

Hi I've read through the forums and can't figure this out. After a clean install on my Mac I re-installed 1Password 6 (from the AgileBits site as the Mac App Store wanted me to re-purchase...very confusing) but none of the passwords that appear on my iPhone app (about 25 of them) appear on my Mac version of 1Password. Besides one lone password in the Vault on my Mac, it's empty. I assume this is a syncing issue? But when I go to Preferences in 1Password there is no Sync option. Suggestions?

Before the clean install on my Mac everything was working fine, passwords synching across platforms no prob. I assumed I was using iCloud to sync but as I wasn't able restore a purchase from the App Store, I may have originally purchased from AgileBits. Either way, there's no iCloud/Dropbox sync option. And not even sure that's the problem? Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alia

I'm sorry if there's some confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. I can see that you have a 1Password.com account. You will need to add your account on your Mac so you can see the rest of your item. You can find out how to do that here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Please let us know how this goes for you, if you have any other issues or questions we'll be glad to help you sort it out :chuffed:

• alia
    alia
    Community Member

Hi Pilar
    Thanks for your reply. I followed the instructions in the video but my Preferences there is no option for Teams (or Sync). Screenshot attached. Please advise thanks.

• @alia Thanks for the update! I'm sorry there's a bit of confusion still. The Sync tab isn't necessary since you're using a 1Password account. In the latest version of 1Password for Mac, the "Teams" tab has changed to "Accounts", which has a flag icon. To sync your iPhone, first move your existing data over on it, then your Mac will automatically have all your passwords and items.

If you'd prefer to copy all the items at once, you can do so from your Mac. First, on your iPhone, configure the Primary vault to sync with iCloud:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

Then on your Mac let's enable the Primary vault to sync your data there. Open and unlock 1Password, then choose 1Password -> Preferences from the menu bar and click Advanced. Check the "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" box and enter your Master Password. This will create a vault you can sync with iCloud. Set up syncing from the Sync tab, then move your data using your Mac:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Last up, remove the Primary vault on your Mac by switching to it and choosing 1Password -> Delete Vault. On your iPhone, remove it by tapping Settings -> Advanced -> Erase All 1Password Data. Do this once you have moved everything of course. ;) Let us know if you have any questions along the way.

• alia
    alia
    Community Member

Hi Jacob thanks for your help. This helped-- I was able to get all my passwords synced over iCloud from iOS to my Mac. My primary vault is where all data is though...why do you suggest I need to delete that and erase everything on my iPhone? Thanks again!

• Hey @alia! Those final steps are only to be used after you have completed the migration of your 1Password data into your new 1Password Account. Jacob’s steps were meant to assist you with syncing up your data via iCloud, where you would have your logins available to you on your Mac where they could then be easily migrated into your newly created 1Password Account using these steps:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Only after you’ve done that, would you follow the final instructions Jacob provided to remove the Primary vault on your Mac and iOS device as you’ll no longer need them since your 1Password Account will be storing your logins - they’ll just be in the way at that point. You just have to copy the logins into the Account first! :)

This discussion has been closed.