6 trial ended. Want 3 again. Mac can't see phone or iPad

I want to go back to 3 after 6 trial. Files are on mac and iPhone and iPad but iMac 1password doesn't see iPhone or iPad. I connect by wire to mac

1Password Version: 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest
Sync Type: connect devices by cord
Referrer: forum-search:6 trial ended. Want 3 again. Mac can't see phone or iPad

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ggleason: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password cannot sync via USB. You can download 1Password 3 from our legacy update page, but if you'll let me know more about your setup and what you're trying to do, maybe we can come up with a better solution for you. 1Password 3 is really old, is not supported with recent OS versions, and does not support recent browsers either. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• ggleason
    ggleason
    Community Member

I was using Version 3.8.22 on iMac, iPhone 6 and iPad mini. Connected by USB, saw that it synced across all devices. Tried Free Trial of (now) 6.3.3. No problems with it just I did not use any features I did not already have in the 3.8.22 So I need to pay $64 for a version that, for my use, is not more than I originally paid for, way back back when? Anyway, how do I get to happiness without the extra $64?

• ggleason
    ggleason
    Community Member

Follow-up I failed to mention that the version 3 now does not see the phone or iPad on USB, or WiFi

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ggleason: Thanks for getting back to me! As I mentioned earlier, 1Password does not sync over USB. And if you're using a recent version of 1Password and iOS on your other devices, the old version of 1Password for Mac cannot sync with those via Wi-Fi. The good news is that you can use your existing 1Password for Mac license to get upgrade pricing from the AgileBits Store. I've resent your license information via email in case you need it.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

And in any case, your iOS devices should be able to run both iOS 10 and 1Password for iOS version 6, so using version 6 on your Mac along with those will be a much better experience. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.