3.8.22 crashes after Sierra update to 10.12.1

Options
swillis
swillis
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi
The browser extension to 1Password seems to work OK, but not the App itself. It opens OK, but when I click into the secure wallet, it crashes. Now happening on MacBook Pro Retina mid 2012 and a MacBook Air
Any help you can suggest please?
Simon

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@swillis the problem arises because you are using an old 1P version on macOS Sierra.

The best place to start is by reading this sticky at the top of the 1P3 legacy forum.

Stephen

• swillis
    swillis
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Stephen. I really should stay up to date.
    S

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that Stephen_C was able to help. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

• vpm
    vpm
    Community Member
    Options

1P pages are viewable with 3.8.20 using MacOs Sierra, however, when I click edit, the page gets scrambled. So I can view what I've previously written using earlier OS versions but with Sierra I can't edit a page.

To remedy this, I tried to update 1P to version 3.8.22 however it failed using MacOs Sierra.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

@vpm: You can still edit, but Sierra does not display the text.

As Stephen_C mentioned above, 1Password 3 overall has some issues on El Capitan since it was designed back in 2009. 1Password 3 has not been under active development for years and won't be receiving updates. The only way to get 1Password 3 to work the way it did on an earlier OS X version would be to go back to that. You can find more information in the announcement he linked:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

The best thing to do would be to upgrade to 1Password 6, which fully supports macOS Sierra. A 1Password subscription gives you access to all of the apps and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.