Safari extension issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Autosubmit failing after 6.2 update.

Comments

• tomjbaty
    tomjbaty
    Community Member

I loaded the last update last night and this morning none of my sites will autofill and open. Safari extensions are loaded and I have the extension icon in the browser.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomjbaty: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion since your comments weren't related to that old thread about obsolete versions.

To be clear, 1Password does not "autofill". It will only take an action when you do. But if you're still having trouble with filling, I wonder if something is out of date.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites, or on a particular device? Let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• tomjbaty
    tomjbaty
    Community Member

Here are the specifics:
    macOS Sierra 10.2.1
    1 Password: 6.3.5
    Extension: 4.6.1 safareext (I get a notice the "Safari canot install this extension)
    None of the logins will open. It has worked perfectly until this.
    Can you help?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@tomjbaty Thanks for that information. Some users reported issues where the Safari extension wouldn't install because Safari already had an extension file in place. Please try this to get a fresh install of the Safari extension:

1. Open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions
    2. Remove any 1Password extensions you see in the list
    3. Quit Safari
    4. Go to Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder… and enter ~/Library/Safari/Extensions (including the ~ symbol)
    5. In the resulting folder, drag any Safari extensions (Files ending in .safariextz) with 1Password in the name to the trash
    6. Empty the trash and restart your Mac to make sure everything is starting from a clean slate.
    7. Install the extension fresh from Apple's extension gallery

At this point, the extension should properly install for you.

Let us know how it goes!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• tomjbaty
    tomjbaty
    Community Member

Jamie: GOT IT! Once the extensions were loaded everything is back to normal. Thank you for ending a couple days of frustrations.!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Jamie, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get Safari to cooperate. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.