To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have opened an account and logged in from 3 spots. 1password sees only two of these

mstewart8
mstewart8
Community Member

I have opened an account and logged in from 3 spots. 1password sees only two of these (Chrome, iPhone) and not my mac laptop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have opened an account and logged in from 3 spots. 1password sees only two of these (Chrome, iPhone) and not my mac laptop.

Comments

• Hi @mstewart8! Sorry for the trouble. Did you sign in to your account in 1Password for Mac? The app is separate from your browser, so it will show up separately. Please try this:

Sign in to your account in 1Password for Mac

Let us know how it goes. :)

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

Jacob, still not working. I completed the three step account setup in my browser via www.1password.com login (picture upload was last step). It is as though that is a completely independent 1password account. I see no way to link that account with ones I have set up on my iMac at home (app), my phone, and (via downloaded app) directly from my Macbook Pro. Why is that? I've even (on Pro and iMac) set up the 1password extension which is awesome. Marc

• @mstewart8 Thanks for the details. Since you're already using 1Password on your computers, there's a different way to sign in and migrate your existing data:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once you move the data over, any other devices you have signed in to will sync with your Mac automatically. :)

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

This is not possible from the browser-based login from what I can see.
    . I used the method you suggest to load my iMac 1password account at home. Take a look at the screen shot.

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

Please! (Marc)

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

Jacob,
    Last night I set up some items on my home account. They aren't visible on my iPhone app despite having iCloud turned on ... with no apparent means to "sync" on the iPhone app. 1Password isn't as transparent as I had hoped.

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

Jacob,
    Even though I thought I signed up for a 30 day trial, perhaps I need a paid account for things to work right. Another anomaly I found when listening to the 1password help video on data migration is that "Preferences" on my machine doesn't have a "Teams" link which is necessary to follow the rest of the migration instructions. Marc

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mstewart8

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having, we'll unravel this out in no time! Your 1Password account 30 day trial is fully functional, and you'll be able to enjoy it soon! I would like to ask you to try the next things:

First of all, to be ready, sign into your account on your browser (as you did on the screenshot you send us), go to the top right corner where it says your name, click there and then pick the option "Get the apps".

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click on the 1Password menu on the top left corner, by the Apple logo.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Pick the option Accounts: it's the third one from left to right and has a blue flag.
    5. Find the + button and click on it.
    6. Choose the option "Scan QR code".
    7. Go to your browser and scan the QR code, on the right, that you had ready
    8. Enter your Master Password and click Sign In.

Please let us know when you've tried this, if you get stuck at any step please tell us so we can help you sort it out :chuffed:

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

I've done this, and it worked. I tried to add my phone (thinking this was a syncing/update to my phone) but it was to establish the phone as a new account (which already has 1Password on it.) What next?

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

My phone still only has one item on it that I loaded yesterday. My mac/app and imac/app have several. What will it take to update my phone and my browser-based 1password account?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mstewart8

Thank you for letting us know that this went well for you :chuffed: Now we should move to the next stage, moving your data into your account. To do this, please go to the Mac where all of your items are. Click on any item on the list and then click "Command"+"A" on your keyboard. Right click on any of the items, from the menu pick Share > Personal > Move. Once you've done this, please give it a few seconds and check that all your items appear on your iPhone.

You'll want to follow the steps I mentioned on the previous post to add your iMac as well, so your data can appear everywhere :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes and if your items appear on all your devices!

• mstewart8
    mstewart8
    Community Member

Magic, thank you. Not only did this action populate my phone, it populated the web browser version too. Thanks very much.

• On behalf of Pilar and myself, you're welcome! Glad to hear it's going smooth. :) We're here if you have some other questions.

This discussion has been closed.