Does 1Password formfill

Options

I've just installed V6.0 and looked through FAQ's and the forum et al and can't find a straight answer to this question:

Does 1Password formfill? That is, I'm at a subscription site and need to enter my name, address, credit card details etc. I've used Roboform for years and it does that easily.

I have set up my ID and Credit Cards in 1P but when I get to a form page, 1P does nothing and I can see no way to make it fill the form. I can find my ID and credit cards in the Browser Add In (Chrome) but selecting them does nothing.

Patrick

1Password Version: 6.1.127d
Extension Version: 4.6.19
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1 Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @newbietoo,

What you're experiencing will change at some point in the not too distant future. In general 1Password is designed to fill not just Login items but Identity and Credit Card items too. The reason 1Password 6 isn't right now is because the entire codebase behind 1Password 6 is all brand new code rather than modifications to the existing code from 1Password 4. As you can imagine this means that right at the start a lot may seem like it is missing as the Windows team tirelessly work to make 1Password 6 as good as they know it can be. They concentrated on making sure everything was working with Login items and as I believe that is now mostly addressed I'm sure adding Identity and Credit Card items to the list is on their to-dos. Sadly I can't offer an ETA at all, anything I say would be me simply plucking a number out of the air and if I'm wrong it would only disappoint. I would be surprised if we didn't see it some point soon though.

So apologies we don't have that in place already but please keep updating 1Password and I'm confident a new version at some point in the future will bring this to all our 1Password 6 for Windows users, after all, we can't have the Mac team crowing over them with something like this :wink:

• newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so the Windows version was released before it was complete?

In the features list is says, and I quote: '1Password is integrated into your web browser, so you can create passwords, fill in credit cards, and sign in to your online accounts with a single click.' No notation to the effect 'except for Windows users'.

And also here: https://support.1password.com/credit-card-address-filling/ the commentary is explicit: 'this is a Mac but it's the same on a PC...'

That's false and misleading advertising. Not to mention very unprofessional.

Notwithstanding that, the subscription fee is the same as the completed i.e. Mac, version. In addition, you are expected to keep paying and at some (undefined) point in the future it will operate as we led you to believe?

And your explanation: that V6 entailed a complete re-write and because of that it's functionality trails V4 on Windows, was well intended I'm sure, but to me it was simply code for 'you're a second-class citizen'. Frankly, and with the deepest respect, that's your problem not mine. I'm a consumer, I simply expect you to supply what you said you would.

I had been using Version 4 for years (as well as Roboform for another use case) and seeing no advice to the effect that V6 was less functional, I installed it on PC, iPad and Android and deinstalled V4. I'm not a happy camper, firstly because of the inconvenience and effort in going (effectively) backwards, secondly because I've been misled and thirdly I'm wondering what I should now do, as I use formfill almost daily.

For your information, my experience with other apps in similar circumstances is full declaration that the app is incomplete (so consumers can make an informed decision), with the invitation to trial it at no charge until it is complete, whereupon you can then take up a paid subscription. In any event I've never downloaded a software product that took me backwards and proposed charging me for the privilege.

Shame on you.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry you feel misled, @newbietoo. It's definitely not our intention but I absolutely understand where you're coming from. The good news is that @SergeyTheAgile and his team have been maintaining a blazing pace of development and I'm sure they'll have this item ticked off their list very soon. Of course, I can't offer a firm timeframe, but please know we are on the case and will have it sorted out as soon as possible.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited October 2016
    Options

@newbietoo let me try & improve things, the credit card and identity filling is available in 1Password 6 for Windows on a Beta channel among few other improvements. I hope that we can publish it as an update to stable soon, but I can't predict when exactly that might happen. If you'd give me a chance, please apply to join our beta team here and you shall see 6.1.282 or higher on the download page. If you wish for the app to offer you beta updates - please visit Gear icon > Options > Update. Hope that helps :)

• newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    Options

Guys,

I'm sure you're doing everything you can to produce a stable product. But you're missing the point here. I have no beef with you, this is not a technical issue, but a commercial one and I'd ask that you elevate my comments to your commercial people. With no statement to the effect you'll fix your the misleading statements, then clearly the intent is to continue misleading. The fact is, your company is behaving unethically. You're making false claims. You fooled me (and countless others I'd imagine) into going through the inconvenience of transferring to a product that doesn't do what you say it does. Just reflect on that for a minute. How would you feel? Integrity-wise, it frankly doesn't get much worse than that.

Furthermore, I'm commercially dependent on a reliable product (400+ logins and numerous form fills) and suggesting I engage in a beta program (read: product not yet reliable) is just not a solution. It's not a viable option. You've admitted it's not ready for release and you don't know when it will be.

I've been a happy 1P user for many years. Not any more. I'm afraid that the values of your organisation hold no appeal for me. I mean, I know about this breach. I then wonder about the things I don't know about e.g. other false claims.

• Hi Patrick,

I'm terribly sorry that you feel this way. It's not how I want any of my customers to ever feel :(

There are many reasons for how we got here, but at the end of the day, you're right, this does look very bad. We will fix things up as fast as we can.

–Dave Teare
    AgileBits Founder

This discussion has been closed.